In order to effectively monitor the production and safety of the Photovoltaic power stations, an advanced telemetry and camera system that allows for real-time monitoring (24/7) of the production was installed at the company's headquarters in Heraklion, Crete, in a space designed specifically for this purpose.
Special attention was paid to the reliability of the systems in extreme weather conditions. Moreover, their selection was in accordance with low consumption standards, as the energy produced daily should be sold and not consumed on the production site. The aforementioned systems consist of a closed camera circuit which monitors, records and transmits images, several motion detection sensors that activate the alarm system, and an integrated communications network responsible for data transmission.
The facilities located in the Industrial Area of Heraklion provide diagnostic and remote monitoring services, including:
- Collection of energy production and microclimate data for each separate PV Power Station, and storage of information related to performance and climate parameters (sunlight, ambient temperature, etc.) for statistical or any other use.
- Collection of data and identification of problems intended to be processed by the Services of Corrective – Interventional Maintenance.
- Data analysis in order to identify and eliminate any possible defects.
- Remote surveillance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continuous image recording in the DVR located in each solar park, which offers the possibility to remotely replay previous recordings of at least fifteen (15) days ago.
- Remote video and alarm signal transmission from each PV Park.
- Connection to the Police, Fire Brigade and other Bodies and Authorities.